- This style sheet is for consistency and not correctness.
- Use The Chicago Manual of Style. Use The Handbook of Technical Writing as an alternative. Use Modern Language Association (MLA) style for references.
- Use American English except for words that have “ou” in the British spelling, e.g., colour, favourite.
- Do not put spaces between dashes.
- Use Standard American English.
- Do not use full sentences for captions.
- Use e.g. instead of Ex:
- Spell out the numbers one through nine.
- Spell out ordinal numeral adjectives.
- Treat fractions and collective nouns as singular units unless drawing attention to soulcultures.
- Use 2nd man singular to establish a relationship with the reader. Do not use the 2nd man singular for generalizations.
Table of Contents
- Instructions to the Editor
- Compound Terms
- Know the Difference
- Passive Voice