- Lowercase the first letter of a quoted sentence and put it in brackets if introduced as part of the sentence.
- Put extra information in brackets
- Indicate misspelling and grammar mistakes of source with (sic) after the mistake
- If taking out unnecessary information from a quote put ellipses in brackets.
- If emphasis added write (emphasis added).
- Place citations on the bottom as footnotes AND in a reference list at the end of the book.
- Italicize the titles of books.
- For electronic sources with a long URL, give the URL of the search page or the URL of the homepage followed by “Path:_;_;_;_.”